Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Really? Really?!


Friday, August 14: I woke up and for no other reason that I just felt like I should, I took a pregnancy test. Knowing it would be negative, I hopped in the shower while it decided. And when I got out and peeked at what for the last 15 months has been the Window of Negativity, this time the "not" was missing. It said "pregnant". Pregnant. Pregnant? Not believing it, and in a state of shock I took the test to Ted for confirmation. "what does that mean?" (not much help in the confirmation department.) "I think it means I have to go to the doctor this morning."





My mom was coming up for day to attend a conference with me. When she got there I showed her the test (WOO HOO. settle down mom) and told her we had to make a pit stop for a blood test.





Off to RMG -my second home. Nurse Norma was excited for me. "Its a good sign to get a positive this early. You're pregnant" One vial taken. Fingers crossed and now we wait. They would call by 3:00.

The longest 6 hours of my life passed. yes, 6. I couldn't wait anymore. I called at 2:01. "Your test is positive but it's only a 20. We would expect the number to be above 100 when you've missed your period."
"But I haven't missed my period. it's not due for another week."
"Oh, well then we need to see you on Monday."


Saturday, August 15: HPT #2 "Pregnant" Start believing test one wasn't a complete fluke.


Sunday, August 16: HPT #3 "Pregnant" Okay, this could be for real.


Monday, August 17: HPT #4 "Pregnant" I'm starting to get used to this.
Monday, August 17 -11:00: Beta #2
Monday, August 17-3:07 -"Your number looks good. It's 169"


WE'RE (OFFICIALLY) PREGNANT!!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for this little one's arrival.
    grandbaby hugs are the best!!

    ReplyDelete