Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Cavity in the Proverbial Sweet Tooth?

Yesterday was my gestational diabetes test. Really hoping I passed. GD sounds like no fun at all.

The saddest part was I was sitting in the waiting area after downing the delicious glucose drink (flat orange soda, anyone?) and thinking "wow, I should have a really big piece of chocolate cake tonight in case they tell me I have GD and have to lay off the sweets."

Evy has her Daddy's sweet tooth. Before I got pregnant, I would make Ted a batch of brownies and ask only that he'd save me a corner or two... Now he could well lose a finger if he touches any of them without inquiring as to our (me and Baby Evy's) brownie requirements and acquisitions. And he has gotten more than one death stare. :)

So my fingers are crossed that I don't have GD -you know, for health reasons.... and because I have two-thirds of Amy's birthday cakes sitting on my kitchen counter.

Someone pass the skim milk.

2 comments:

  1. Ya gotta plop some ice cream down with that cake, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How's the test, Sarah? I hope that everything went fine. It seemed like you really wanted Amy's birthday cake back then! Hehe... Anyway, too much of anything is not healthy. Don't wait for you dental health to be affected too. Always have a proper diet and remind your family too.

    --Sal Casley

    ReplyDelete